Our Accomplishments . . . . . . . . . . .
• “Homelessness is for the Birds!” fundraising and awareness-raising campaign – 2010
• “Hunger is for the Birds!” fundraising and awareness-raising campaign – 2011
• Funding of camperships for children of emergency shelter and Arch Street Housing, plus PEAK Program and Beyond Shelter CT Program participants
• Purchase of window boxes and herbs for the planting of a soup kitchen herb garden
• Pizza parties with the shelter residents
• Foodshare Walk-Against Hunger walk team and monetary donations
• Donation of a computer and printer and training for residents on how to use them
• Purchase of a new computer and funding for internet service for Transitional Living Program participants
• “Welcome home” gift baskets for original Arch Street Housing tenants
• Annual holiday gift storing, sorting and wrapping for shelter residents and families
• Two Vera Bradley handbag sales
• A “Declutter and Do Good” wine and cheese tasting event
• Two 350-piece newsletters mailings
• Rock Cats baseball game tickets that allowed 53 residents to take in a game
• Envelope stuffing and telephone calls for the Capital Campaign
• Help with ticket sales and distribution of posters for a Bike Shop pasta dinner
The Friends of the Friendship Service Center meet on the second Tuesday of the month from September to June, at 12:00 noon, in the Mabel Yeterian Board Room at the Friendship Service Center’s American Savings Foundation Building, 85 Arch Street, New Britain. Dues are $10.00 per year. New members are always welcome. Please use the “Contact Us” link on this website for more information.
…and this is only the beginning.
With more Friends we could do so much more!